Subject: pppoa almost working but not really

From: david LIBAULT <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 17:42:53 +0100

Hi all

I am using the pppoa version of mitch 
(http://www.sfgoth.com/~mitch/linux/atm/pppoatm/), modified so that the pppoa 
plugin is "hard linked" to ppp. I use an ADSL line (with our ATM modem + 
driver) which gives me an atm0 network interface. I start pppd with the 
following options :

pppd -detach debug local noauth defaultroute noipdefault name *********** 
plugin pppoatm 0.8.35 &

and the name/password is in the /etc/ppp/pap-secrets file.

When I start pppd I can PAP authenticate and IPCP looks fine : I get an IP 
address. So my ISP is doing PPPoA, I have the right vp/vc, and my 
login/password is good. But after that, the ping doesn't work.

After the routes are configured properly, a ping to an Internet IP address 
goes out to the atm0 interface (1 ping packet fits in 2 cells), and I get a 
response (2 cells) from the atm0 interface. I have not decoded the PPP cells 
by hand yet... but they "look" fine. When I do an ifconfig, the ppp0 
interface shows up with the right number of sent/received packets, but ping 
reports 0 packets received 100% packet loss...

Has anyone seen this before ? Is it possible that this comes from pppd ?
Should I send to this list the sent/received cells to check what is wrong ?

Thank you for your help.

David.

_______________________________________________
Linux-atm-general mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linux-atm-general